Follow these steps in our Client Portal to have your Tax Return completed:
We typically complete returns in 1-2 weeks at the beginning of February to 3-4 weeks for those received in March.
Our Tax Return Process
If you want your taxes prepared by an experienced CPA, you have come to the right place! You can enjoy peace of mind knowing your tax return is filed correctly, optimized to your best interest, and if anything comes up we have your back – Unlimited Audit Support is included with every return we prepare. Compare our education, experience, and credentials (see About Us section) to be confident you are getting the best overall value.
You can come to our office in Eagle Mountain or enjoy our services remotely from the comfort of your home.
Below are the steps to have us complete your tax return. Start with the first one and we’ll walk you through the rest.
- Sign in to Our Client Portal. Sign In with your browser or download the app from the sign in page. New clients, you can set up your own account by clicking Sign Up. If you need help creating your account, send us your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 801-753-8540.
- Sign the Engagement Letter. We will send you an engagement letter for you to review and sign.
- Complete the Tax Organizer. The organizer helps us gather the information we need to reduce back and forth communication so we can get your taxes done quickly and accurately. This will only take about 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Send/Upload Documents. See our Tax Checklists to know what documents you need. You can upload to our Client Portal, drop off at the front desk anytime during office hours, or mail. If you would like to meet with Eric (CPA) before we get started, you can schedule an appointment.
- Tax Return Preparation. We will prepare your tax return and reach out to you with any questions that come up along the way. Your tax return will be reviewed by a licensed CPA to ensure it is complete, accurate, and optimized to get you the best possible outcome. We may have some basic recommendations for you, and if your situation merits a more in-depth analysis you can always schedule a tax planning consultation outside of tax season as well.
- Review, Sign, & Pay. Once we’re finished, we will send you the results along with the complete return for your review. Then you can pay our invoice, sign your return, and pay your taxes or check the status of your refunds.
- e-File. We will e-file your return once you have paid our invoice and signed your return.
Pricing - Individual Tax Returns
Our Base Price includes your federal return and one state return with:
Income from W-2 wages, interest & dividends, Social Security, pensions, normal retirement distributions, and unemployment;
Deductions for IRA, HSA, educator expenses, student loan interest, medical expenses, property taxes, mortgage interest, and charitable donations; and
Credits for children, childcare, education, and the recovery rebate credit.
Unlimited Audit Support is included with every return we prepare.
|Common Additional Items|
|Early Retirement Distributions||$85|
|Rental Property (per property)||$135|
|Form K-1 Income (per K-1, waived if we prepare)||$85-175|
|Additional State (per state)||$85-135|
|Subsidized Health Insurance (Healthcare.gov)||$85|
|Residential Solar Credit||$85|
|Base Price for Dependent Return||$60|
|Schedule C Income (1099/sole-proprietor/contractor)|
|Income or expenses $0-$5,000||$85|
|Income or expenses $5,000-$30,000||$135|
|Income or expenses $30,000-$100,000||$250|
|Income or expenses $100,000+||$475|
|Accounting Services (see section below) for Sch C, rentals, or businesses
Pricing serves as guidelines for most returns we prepare. Complex situations will result in higher costs.
Pricing - Business Tax Returns
Our Base Price for a business tax return is $525 for most businesses up to $250,000 of revenue.
Most of our other business tax returns are $775-$3,000, depending on complexity.
Includes LLCs, S corporations, partnerships, and C corporations.
A single-member LLC often does not file a business tax return. It is reported on an individual tax return Schedule C (see Individual Tax Return – Pricing above) unless it files an S corp election.
Accounting Services for Tax Returns are an additional $100/hour. See explanation below.
Accounting Services for Tax Returns
If significant accounting services are needed in order to complete your tax return, it will be an additional $100/hour.
If you would like to complete your own accounting, please ensure your expenses are totaled by category for the year (e.g., cost of goods sold, advertising, vehicle expense/mileage, contract labor, meals, office expense, phone, supplies, travel, etc.)
For businesses using QuickBooks or other accounting software-
Complete monthly reconciliations for each bank account and credit card account
Address any uncleared transactions on year-end reconciliations
Review Profit & Loss for accuracy
Review Balance Sheet to ensure accurate balances for each account, including Banks, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Loans, Credit Cards, Accounts Payable, Equity, etc.